Piano Lessons are Good for You

There are tons of memes about the benefits of music out there on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Some of them have beautiful pictures of music floating through space, others contain inspirational quotes by famous composers, and many have short statements about the advantages that music students gain from hours of practicing and performing. (… and many of my students know – I appreciate a good music meme!)

Here’s something that I found even more interesting than a beautifully crafted music meme. The good folks at Encore Music Lessons put together a fantastic infographic about the benefits specific to students who study piano. Playing the piano is a very intricate craft, and any student who has taken lessons for even a short amount of time knows that it can be very challenging to coordinate everything all at once!

infographic-piano-lessons-are-good-for-you-and-your-brain

Stay TunedBe sure to SUBSCRIBE to the blog for future updates!

We Love to Share Music Ideas – Follow us on Facebook and Pinterest!

Wordless Wednesday
Free Patriotic Sheet Music - Happy 4th!

• by Lorie Burningham Posted July 7, 2014 11:47 am

I love this! Do you know I can print and share with piano parents. I would, of course, give Encore Music credit.

Lorie

• by Sara @ Sara’s Music Studio Posted July 7, 2014 11:56 am

Isn’t it great, Lorie? I’m sure they would love it if you passed this out to piano parents! The Encore Music logo is in the bottom right hand corner, and I’ve included the original link to the page as well. I’m thinking about getting this printed and laminated to hang up in my waiting room! Thanks for reading 🙂

• by kristinsmusicstudio Posted July 7, 2014 3:11 pm

Reblogged this on Small Town Music Lessons and commented:
    I love this!

• by Calli Saltmarsh Posted July 7, 2014 3:22 pm

Thank you!! Great info, wonderful graphics = easy to read for ADD me. 😉

• by Sara @ Sara’s Music Studio Posted July 7, 2014 6:58 pm

Isn’t it cool? I love this chart! The people at Encore Music really did a great job with this. Glad you enjoyed it!

• Trackback: How to Warm Up Your Voice | Sara's Music Studio
  • by Renee Trinca Schoenhut Piano Co. Posted September 28, 2015 5:59 pm

We are all about Music. Especially toy pianos.

• Trackback: Piano Lessons are Good for you | Piano Lessons Crosshaven
  • Trackback: 15 Awesome Facts About Your Voice & Vocal Folds | Sara's Music Studio
  • by Lee Ann Posted April 26, 2016 11:07 pm

Is there a poster version of the “This is your brain on piano”? I teach a middle school piano lab and would love to have this on the wall.

Lee Ann

• by Sara @ Sara’s Music Studio Posted April 27, 2016 11:44 am

Hi Lee Ann! I checked at the original source, and there isn’t a poster option available. I would contact your local print shop and send them the image… I bet they’d be able to do something for you!

• by lynnkie Posted May 7, 2016 12:30 am

I’ve tried printing this and it just comes out blurry. Anyone have better luck?????

• by Sara @ Sara’s Music Studio Posted May 7, 2016 9:32 am

Are you printing it from the web? Or did you save the file first?

• by lynnkie Posted May 7, 2016 3:05 pm

I saved as jpeg, highest quality, first. i have a good printer, everything prints precisely. Were you able to print it?????

• by Sara @ Sara’s Music Studio Posted May 9, 2016 12:34 pm

I haven’t printed it. If I were to print it, I’d take it to a local copy shop and have it done professionally. The sizing is too large/awkward for what I have at home.

• by Alison Jayne Hams Posted May 25, 2016 1:16 am

Hi there…just wondering, when I click on the “How To Warm Up Your Voice” link it’s bringing me to this page? 🙂