Music Star Ornament
Throughout the holiday, I’ll be sharing numerous ideas for music-themed Christmas ornaments. (Pssst… these are perfect for personalized student gifts!) These are collected from fellow teachers at Piano Teacher Central and blogs from around the world. I hope you enjoy them!
Music Star, by Lisa Ruben Moore
from Piano Teacher Central
- wood stars
- gold craft paint
- mod podge
- old sheet music
- craft wire
- small bells
- small glue dots
- Trace the stars onto the sheet music and cut out.
- Sand the stars smooth and paint the backs and sides gold.
- After paint dries apply mod podge to the sheet music star and attach to the front of the wood star. Let it dry for a few minutes and then sand the edges of the star to remove any of the paper overlap.
- Cut about 4-5″ of the wire using wire cutters. Use pliers to bend one end of the wire into a loop. (My stars already had a small hole at the top so I just punched the other end of the wire through the paper.)
- Use pliers again to bend the back upward about 1/2″ and flatten the wire against the front and back of the star.
- Cut about 8″ of ribbon and tie in a bow with bells on the bottom. Fix the blues to the wire with a glue dot.
Thank you, Lisa, for sharing your beautiful pictures and instructions with us!
(Visited 1,124 times, 1 visits today)