Throughout the holiday, I’ll be sharing numerous ideas for music-themed Christmas ornaments. (Pssst… these are perfect for personalized student gifts!) These are collected from fellow teachers at Piano Teacher Central and blogs from around the world. I hope you enjoy them!
by Anita Reed Byers from Anita’s Piano Studio
- mod podge (plain or antique)
- copy of music of student’s recital piece (cut into strips)
- plain ornaments
- Copy your student’s recital piece – cut it into strips and use mod podge to wrap the pieces around the plain ornament.
- Print out a strip with the name of the piece, student’s name, and “recital 2014” (size appropriately so that it will wrap around the ornament)
- Glue the personalized strip across the front of the ornament.
- Add a ribbon and your student has a personalized ornament that will be a keepsake for years to come!
Aren’t these cute? I didn’t realize that mod podge even came in antique! Look at the two different ornaments below — one is made with regular mod podge, and the other has an antique finish.
Thank you, Anita, for sharing your pictures and instructions with us! I’m sure that your students will absolutely love these gifts.
Stay Tuned — Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the blog for future updates!
We Love to Share Music Ideas – Follow us on Facebook and Pinterest!