Gearing Up for Fall: Part 1
Ok… I’ve gotten into a serious blog slump here. The summer months have been SO busy – something had to give on my schedule. It’s time to get this blog (and my studio) back into gear!
This week I’ve decided to do a series of posts about what I’m doing to get ready for fall lessons this year. Here are a few things I’ll be writing about this week:
- Gathering fall materials
- Setting up my fall schedule (ack, ack, ack!)
- New studio subscription services
These posts will be geared towards VOICE students as well as piano students. (See I haven’t forgotten about you, voice teachers. I promise!)
Today’s topic is fall materials.
I’ve got a brain full of ideas, and I’m hoping this blog post helps me bring them all into focus. This is a short list of the materials I’m gathering together this year:
- Piano Method Books: I’m making sure that I have all my method books stocked. (Piano Pronto has 20% off and free shipping until Sunday this week!) I’m also stocking up on Finger Power, Hanon and Sonatina albums this year.
- Studio Licensed Materials: This summer I made a big effort to organize my digital library. I’ve got everything loaded onto my iPad for easy access, PLUS I made a physical library of pieces by organizing them into flexi-view presentation books. Students can check them out of the studio library for 2 weeks at a time.
- Voice Method Books: This year I’m starting all of my new voice students in the Full Voice Workbook Series. I’m excited to start using these books for a more organized approach at solfege, theory exercises, and sight-reading. They also have a really cool teacher agenda that I’ve got my eye on!
- Fun Things: I’ve got quite a few little things I’ll be giving to students as “welcome back” fall materials. There are composition notebooks, fresh stickers, and these fun little “book clips” that I’ll be using for my Piano Pronto books.
Aren’t these adorable?
My students will have to “catch” their book clips when they start lessons in September. They can earn a monster clip by mastering a piece from their first week of assignments 😉 (Yes… I am totally incorporating Pokemon ideas into the studio this year. Gotta embrace the madness!)
… alright, that’s all for today! Time to dive into fall scheduling madness and answer tons of emails. The Fall Countdown is officially ON!
What materials are YOU getting ready in your studio this year? I’m always interested to see what other teachers use in their studios. Share in the comments below!
Check out Part 2 and Part 3 of my Gearing Up for Fall Series!
Stay Tuned — Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the blog for future updates.