Rolling with the ch-ch-ch-changes!
A Big Announcement:
Some of you already know this… I’ve been working on a rebrand. It’s been a long-time coming, and I’m excited to share all the behind-the-scenes work that’s gone into this project. There’s been a lot of brainstorming, a bit of fretting, and many hours spent working on the new branding materials.
- A new company name.
- A new website where you’ll be able to find all my videos and resources.
- A new logo… we’re in the third round of revisions. Can’t wait to show you!
I’ve spent the past two months writing new website copy, filing a DBA, and picking out new website photos. (… narrowing down photos is freakin’ hard. Remember what it was like to pick out the wedding photos you wanted printed? It’s kinda like that.)
SO… what does that mean for this blog/site?
Great news! It’s not going anywhere. You’ll still be able to download the freebies and resources that I’ve created since 2012.
(I know some of you have emailed me about broken links. I promise that I’ll get to fixing those — it’s on the to-do list after the rebranding is finished! Thank you for your patience.)
The goal of the new site is to make it SUPER SIMPLE for you to find all the business, mindset, and technology tips you need for your music studio. As such, I’ll be migrating a large portion of the coaching content over to the new website. AND we’re designing a smooth check-out process for the courses! No more awkward acuity check-outs.
So where will you be able to find that goodness?
Why at www.savvymusicstudio.com, of course!. (Don’t bother clicking… it’s not live yet. Heh.)
Over the next month, you’ll see Savvy Music Studio starting to pop up in all the places. If you follow me on IG, you’ll have noticed that my name changed a couple of few weeks ago. And I’m in the works of renaming my FB business page!
I did a broadcast today about rolling with the ch-ch-ch-changes.
- Apps that change
- New lesson platforms
- Changing tuition structures
- Lesson routines (oh hey March 2020…)
- And things that just STOP working
Show Notes from the Broadcast:
- Reframe the change. Focus on the change you’re making (or the one that’s been thrust upon you) and pay attention to the feelings that bubble up. Ask yourself if they’re real, true, or if they have a story attached. Honor the valid feelings, and then see if you might be able to recognize some other positive feelings associated with the change.
- Outline the benefits. If you feel nervous about making a change, spend time focusing on the benefits this change will bring to your business, your personal life, and your clients. Even if it’s a change that you didn’t ask for or didn’t want… figure out how this can be reframed as a positive thing.
- W(h)ine a little. It’s important to honor your feelings when going through a tough change. Give them the bit of attention that they deserve so that you can start to move forward.
SO… be on the lookout for the new website! I’ll be sure to announce it here, there, and everywhere. If you enjoyed the tips in this video, or if you have any questions, feel free to hit me up in the blog comments.
You can continue to catch more free business, mindset, and awesometicity tips on the FB page every Wednesday at 12pm ET.
Stay savvy, and stay you!